GCFA is presently seeking candidates for an addition to the Information Technology Services team in the position of Helpdesk Specialist. Responsible first and second level support for all standard software and hardware. Provides effective diagnostic evaluation of end-user customer needs and in all cases uses good judgment and timeliness in responding to and resolving each issue or complaint to the customers’ satisfaction. The position requires accurate documentation and tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution. May also be called upon to deliver technical training and support needs for customers with telephone help desk activities.
- Provides end-user support on IT-related issues by diagnosing, analyzing, and quickly resolving the problem. Participating in department meetings for incident resolution and service requests to review action taken to reduce future effort for similar requests and occurrences.
- Follows up with users on documented incident resolutions and obtains feedback on resolution process and timeline. Keeps IT staff up to date on status of outstanding tickets and estimated completion dates. Identifies trends and develops documentation to address the most-often reported problems and recommends solutions.
- Troubleshoots and documents issues and resolutions in the appropriate software/format (for knowledge-base instructions) while providing timely, courteous, and professional service. Escalates jobs as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Monitors Helpdesk email and voice mailbox and handles incident notifications as defined by departmental standards along with the helpdesk policy and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work place experience.
- Diagnostic and analytical skills for software and general IS application knowledge.
- 3 years hands-on experience in a technical support environment.
- Prior helpdesk experience necessary.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn United Methodist denominational policy and organizational structure essential.
- UMC Member is preferred
Benefits: Benefits for this position include, but are not limited to:
- 10 vacation days per year
- 12 sick days per year
- 11 Holidays per year
- Employer paid basic life insurance
- Employer paid short and long term disability
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
GENERAL COUNCIL ON FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
UNITED METHODIST CHURCH